From ALADS News Desk
- Posted 02/17/17
ALADS Foundation for the Future 2017 Scholarship Program
It's time for the 16th Annual ALADS Foundation for the Future college scholarship competition for the dependent children of Full ALADS members. Eight $2,500.00 scholarships will be awarded.
- The applicant must be a child or dependent of a Full ALADS member.
- The applicant must be a graduating high school senior, or currently attending college or university.
- The applicant must list the name and employee number of their member parent or guardian.
- The applicant must include their name, address, phone number, date of birth, and date or anticipated date of their high school graduation.
- The applicant must submit a 750-word essay in Microsoft Word on the topic: "What are the advantages and disadvantages of body worn cameras? What impact has the footage from body worn cameras had on society's perception of law enforcement, and how has that change in perception affected the profession?"
- The applicant must include a copy of their last report card or transcript earned.
- Children who have lost a parent must also include the date of passing of their member parent.
- Upon receipt of the award, the applicant must also agree to perform 20 hours of community service. The scholarship check will be presented once the name and contact information of the community service supervisors is received.
The scholarship submission deadline is 5:00 PM Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
No submissions will be accepted after the deadline.